2022 Year in Review
February 14, 2023
In 2022, we provided $16.1 billion of senior debt and junior capital to over 240 middle-market companies and projects globally.
In 2022, we continued to provide our partners with transformational, long-term capital to help them achieve their goals. As a result, we provided $16.1 billion of senior debt and junior capital to over 240 middle-market companies and projects globally in 2022, completing a second consecutive record year of lending.
As we enter 2023, and navigate an ever-changing environment, our long-term, patient approach to lending continues to be well-positioned to support our borrowers.
We are pleased to share some 2022 highlights:
- Worked with over 240 partners totaling $16.1 billion invested worldwide, resulting in a second consecutive year of record lending.
- 102 partners across a range of industries worked with us for the first time, and 139 existing borrower companies returned for further funding, demonstrating our continuation of existing partnerships and appetite for follow on funding.
- Nearly 170 investment grade partners totaling $12.9 billion, a record level of investment grade activity.
- 45 below investment grade partners, totaling $2.6 billion invested, including a direct investment with Carco, a portfolio partner since 2015.
- Expansion of our Direct Lending platform globally, closing our first direct lending investments in France and New Zealand, supporting a public to private transaction for Generix Group, a global provider of integrated software solutions in France, and Salus Aviation Limited, a specialist aviation group in New Zealand.
- $2.7 billion in energy and power transactions, including an investment in Enpal, a provider of solar solutions in Germany, participating in the largest residential solar debt fundraising in Europe to date.
- Over $850 million across infrastructure investments, including a private placement for the Port of Rotterdam, the largest port in Europe.
- Over $900 million in credit tenant lease transactions.
- Strong corporate finance activity across Europe, with nearly $1.8 billion invested by the London office and over $2.0 billion collectively by the Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid and Milan offices. Notably, the Paris team invested over $1.0 billion across 10 financings, marking a record year for the team.
"Pricoa Private Capital is an important partner to SEGRO: we highly value the relationship and appreciate the support we have received from Pricoa in volatile markets for our latest private placement issuance.”
Soumen Das, CFO
Looking ahead, we are excited to continue to partner with diverse companies around the world who value real relationships. Above all, we are grateful to remain a long-term partner and look forward to continue building enduring local partnerships.
No items found.
Stay in the know
Receive our latest perspectives on business issues, industry trends, and economic insights.