Credit Tenant Lease financing
For more than fifteen years, the Credit Tenant Lease Financing Group has been providing customized, long-term, fixed-rate credit tenant lease financing alternatives at competitive rates for tenants and owners around the globe.
Credit Tenant Lease (“CTL”) Financing is a method of financing real estate in which the landlord / owner borrows money to finance the development or purchase of a property and pledges as security rent to be received from the tenant and a mortgage on the property.
CTLs are hybrid financings consisting of elements of corporate finance and real estate finance, resulting in a long-term, highly leveraged, customised loan. Unlike a typical commercial real estate loan which is underwritten and sized based on the property value, CTLs are sized based on the underlying lessee’s credit rating, lease structure and rental payments.
Benefits of CTL financing via Pricoa Private Capital include:
- Up to 100% LTV funding
- DSCRs as low as 1.0x
- Long-term commitments for 15-25+ years
- Lower transaction costs by combining construction and permanent financing
- Non-recourse owner financing
- Quick response and fast turnaround, with no lender fees
- Interest rates similar to investment grade debt pricing
- Relationship-oriented approach in which our dedicated team oversees all aspects of the financing, from origination/structuring through lease expiration
With over £5 billion invested in CTL financing since 2004, our team has the experience and know-how to help you determine if a CTL loan is the right fit for your project.
- £25 million - £100+ million
- Up to 100% loan-to-value
- Proceeds based on present value of future rent payments under the lease
- Financing for operationally essential assets
- Capability to fund in local currency
- Investment grade long-term, fixed-rate debt
- Construction-to-permanent financing for corporate or government credit tenants
- Sale/leaseback of corporate headquarters, office buildings, warehouses, distribution centers, or retail stores
- Maturities of up to 20+ years with custom amortisation schedules
- Below investment grade on a case-by-case basis
- Long-term fixed rate
- Ability to receive capital and structure complex transactions for corporate and government credit tenants
- One-stop-shop capability for construction-to-permanent financing
- No requirement for agency rating
- Quick and efficient execution
For more than 100 years, New Balance has strived to make the world move. Their new global headquarters would help them live that promise to keep pushing forward and help them commit to service within the Boston community. Lease Financing was an ideal way to secure funds for construction for their new LEED building.
“Our new headquarters is a space where our associates can thrive and the brand can continue to grow and fulfill its promise to push forward and deliver the best in innovative footwear and apparel.”
Jim Halliday, Managing Director, NB Development Group
We share what we know
Receive our latest perspectives on business issues, industry trends, and economic insights.
Pricoa Private Capital (‘PPC’) is a trading name of PGIM, Inc. (‘PGIM’), the principal asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. ('PFI'). Pricoa Private Capital registered in Ireland as Pricoa Capital Group (Ireland) Limited, Pramerica Drive, Letterkenny Business and Technology Park, Letterkenny, Co Donegal, F92 W8CY, Ireland. Registered in Ireland under company number: 635793. Authorised and Regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. In the United Kingdom (UK), and various other jurisdictions in Europe, certain investment activities are undertaken by Pricoa Capital Group Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, (registration number 172071). Pricoa Capital Group Limited is registered in England No. 1331817. The registered office is Grand Buildings, 1-3 Strand, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5HR. PPC, Pricoa, PGIM and the Rock symbol are service marks of PFI and its related entities, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. PFI of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc, a company incorporated in the United Kingdom.
©2019, Prudential Financial, Inc. and its related entities. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where PGIM has facilities or in which we engage service providers and if you provide Personal Information to us you consent to the transfer of that information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.