2022 Mid-Year Review
August 1, 2022
In the first half of 2022, we provided nearly $10 billion of senior debt and junior capital to more than 140 middle market companies and projects.
In the first half of 2022, we provided nearly US$10.0 billion of senior debt and junior capital to more than 140 middle-market companies and projects, marking a record first-half origination level for our firm. Our strong origination activity, with both new and existing borrowers, affirms our focus on building long-term, local relationships that endure through economic cycles.
We are pleased to share some 2021 highlights:
- US$8.4 billion of investment-grade investments, US$1.3 billion of below investment grade investments; US$190 million of mezzanine and private equity investments.
- 56 new issuers across a range of industries added to the portfolio and over 100 existing borrowers returned for further funding.
- $6.8 billion in Global Corporate Finance investments across North America, the UK, Europe, Latin America, and Australasia, including a green shelf facility draw with existing partner Xior Student Housing in Belgium, funding investments under the Company’s green financing framework.
- US$2.6 billion in Real Assets investments, including energy, power, infrastructure, and credit tenant lease financing, including a €180 million direct origination for Autopistas del Atlántico Concesionaria Espanola, S.A., which holds the concession agreement for the AP-9, a 220 km highway across Galicia, Spain.
- US$190 million invested across 12 mezzanine investments, including our first mezzanine investment in Latin America.
- Over US$720 million in Direct Lending transactions, across 16 transactions.
"Pricoa’s ability to structure a transaction in line with our local financing terms at a competitive interest rate was essential to our partnership. We have developed a strong bond with the team and look forward to our long-term relationship with Pricoa."
José Puelles Gallo, CFO
As we enter the second half of 2022, we look forward to continue building enduring relationships and providing the capital and confidence our partners need to achieve their most ambitious goals.
No items found.
Stay in the know
Receive our latest perspectives on business issues, industry trends, and economic insights.